I’m still jet lagged, it’s 1:00 AM and I’m tired (but not that tired) and I didn’t do any of the things I wanted to get done this weekend. I didn’t:
- Go to the farm shop and buy lots of fresh produce + the amazing rhubarb jam that I love and am currently out of :(
- Finish the invite for our Artists Unveiled Launch Party or do the other 45 things I must do for our little site / cause. (Liam, you’re the best for not sending me abusive emails about all this!)
- Find out whether or not the Tea Tree Oil I’m putting on my face is actually doing anything– and if it is, is it good?
- Sketch a family portrait for my best friend who just had a baby!!!
- Research new beds (After staying in amazing king-sized beds in America, it has become all too clear that our DOUBLE-SIZED mattress is basically the cause for everything bad in our lives. No joke, it’s the worst. I’m pretty sure 4 hours of sleep on a normal, good mattress = 9 hours of sleep on ours. It’s so bad.)
- Exercise (hahaha! but seriously…)
- Read Kinfolk, which I bought in the States and have been carrying with me, unopened, for the last week and a half
- Written about the surreal melancholy I feel every time I go to The States and then come back. I can only imagine it’s like having an affair in that I am so in love with both places but need them for different kinds of fulfilment. It’s so confusing / heartbreaking / amazing / perfect. I don’t know. I JUST DON’T KNOW.
- Get rid of my mustache which is growing like ivy all over my face, I swear. :(
I’ve also been really bad at taking pictures lately. In fact, I’ve been terrible at doing anything creative, meeting personal deadlines, and cleaning. Seeing as autumn has always been a time of reflection for me (something engrained from my school days and the dawning of a new academic year), I have a good day or two of re-evauluation and goal-setting ahead of me. And one of those goals will be to spend more time on this space. Because right now, this is awful.
BUT OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS, APPLE SEASON!!!!!